Search all help topics
Returns & Refunds
Returns and refunds
- Returns procedure
Changed your mind? If for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you can return it for a refund within 28 days of delivery.
How do I return all or part of my order?
To return unwanted item(s):
• Items don't need to be in the original packaging as long as they are securely packaged.
• Complete the returns form found in the original packaging and enclose in your parcel.
• Attach the returns label found in the original packaging to the outside of your parcel. If your parcel does not contain a returns label you can print off a new label.
• Send back to Debenhams via the carrier of your choice
How much does it cost?
The cost will be dependent on the carrier you choose and will not be refunded unless the product is faulty or incorrect .
If you purchased from Debenhams.com using your PayPal account PayPal will refund the cost of your returns.
How do I return faulty/damaged/incorrect items?
If you have received a faulty, damaged or incorrect item, don't worry you can still return it, just get in touch with our customer service team and they will help sort it out for you.
- Can I track the progress of my return?
Unfortunately international returns cannot be tracked. Please look out for your "return complete" email.
- When will I receive my refund?
Once we have received your return at our warehouse, the time for which is dependent on your local postal service we will process your refund within 24 hours. Your refund should show on your account within 5 working days (Monday to Friday, excluding international bank holidays) once you have received your 'Return refund complete' update email. Please note some banks may take longer than 5 working days to process refund payment.
If you have not received your refund and it has been 10 working days since receiving your 'Return refund complete' update email, please contact our customer services team.
- Can I return an item that was on promotion?
Yes, you can return your items with proof of purchase within 28 days of delivery for a refund.
- Can I return my item without a receipt?
Yes you can, as long as you repackage a print-out of your order confirmation email or the delivery note that came with your parcel when you return your item(s). If you have lost all possible proof of purchase we are unable to process a refund.
What is a proof of purchase?
Proof of purchase is any documentation detailing what and when you ordered and how you paid which provides confirmation of your purchase. These items include:
• Delivery note.
• Order confirmation email.
Can I get a new returns form ?
Yes, you can download a new returns form here
- Can I return an online purchase to a Debenhams store outside the UK
Unfortunately this is not possible. Please follow our normal returns procedure.
- Can I exchange my online purchase?
We are unable to provide exchanges for international orders currently. Please return your item for a refund and place a new order.
- What is the returns and refunds policy?
- Subject to exceptions, you may return item(s) you have purchased online providing you cover the postage costs and the item is unused and in a saleable condition.
- Returns must be made within 28 days of receipt. If the product is not returned in a fully saleable condition or the packaging is damaged, we reserve the right to refuse a refund.
- If a product is faulty or damaged we will refund the original delivery charge* and the cost of returning the goods via your local postal service up to a maximum cost of 10.00€ per kg. For products delivered within the EU, we will refund the original delivery charge for any product returned to us in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations up to the same maximum cost, but we will not refund the cost of returning such goods out.
- Please contact our Customer services before returning any faulty, damaged or incorrect items, they will help you sort this .
- Make sure you retain proof of postage and customs documentations including any details of any taxes paid.
- Your refund will be credited to the original payment card
*We will only refund the delivery charge if the complete order is faulty or damaged otherwise we will make a pro-rata payment. Please add the information highlighted in red
- What products are excluded from the returns and refunds policy?
Please check the individual product page(s) to confirm whether your item is eligible for return.
We are unable to offer an exchange or refund on the below products, unless they are mis-described or faulty:
- Custom made and altered items.
We are unable to offer an exchange or refund on orders where the product was damaged following acceptance on your behalf by the below location types:
- Freight forwarding companies.
- B & B's
- Storage and relocation companies
Unfortunately for health and hygiene reasons we are unable to exchange or refund the following products:
- Unless faulty pierced earrings and other pierced body jewellery.
- Once the original packaging has been opened or damaged, duvets, pillows and bed spreads unless faulty.
- Unless the hygiene strips and tags are still in place and packaging remains undamaged, swimwear
- Hats and hair accessories unless tags are still in place and packaging remains unopened and undamaged unless faulty.
- Unless tags are still in place and packaging remains undamaged, underwear/lingerie, control wear and hosiery
We are also unable to refund the following products:
- All multi-retailer brands including cosmetic brands can be sold elsewhere. Therefore when being returned without proof of purchase the item needs to be clearly identified as being Debenhams stock. An exchange or gift card will then be offered at the current or last price
- Gift cards cannot be refunded
This policy does not affect your statutory rights relating to faulty or misdescribed goods or your right to cancel orders under the consumer protection (distance selling) regulations further details of which are available from the local trading standard department or citizen's advice bureau.