The importance of layering
There are many lessons to remember on a skiing trip. Simple things like, listen to the instructor, don't try to go too fast too soon, don't stay up too late and when you're on the mountain wear layers.
If you want to stay warm, comfortable and protected on the ski slopes, layering is the most dependable solution. Making sure you have the right underwear, ski trousers, ski top, fleece sweater and ski jacket will only improve your skiing trip. Here are some important tips to remember when thinking about layering.
- If you want to stay warm when you're on the mountain - dress in layers.
- Weather can change on a mountain, you need to be prepared.
- If the sun comes out, you can always remove a layer.
- A tee or top with ventilation and moisture control is crucial as a base layer.
- A fleece sweater or a soft shell jacket can keep you incredibly warm on the colder days on the mountain.
- The right ski jacket is essential for a successful skiing trip.
- Make sure you have a pair of ski pants that are warm, well fitting and comfortable to move around in.
- Insulated jackets are very warm and comfortable and offer protection from wind, snow and rain.
- A shell jacket protects you from the mountain elements but is not as warming as an insulated ski jacket.