Lingerie Style Guide
- Bra Shape Guide
- Bra Fit Guide
- Fuller Bust Guide
- Knickers Guide
- Maternity & Nursing
- Sports Bras
- Wedding Lingerie
- Lingerie Top Tips
From the first month of pregnancy to the first days of motherhood, a specialist bra is an essential investment. As your body changes shape, traditional bras will be unable to sufficiently adapt but, don't worry, our easy-to-follow guide will help smooth out any bumps in your style.
Why buy a specific bra
Most women experience an increase in their bust size during pregnancy and breastfeeding. On average during pregnancy women grow 2 underband and 4 cups sizes. This is a significant change, so it's important to wear a bra that is comfortable and supportive. Pop into store throughout your pregnancy to take advantage of our free bra fit service and the knowledge of our expert fitters - no appointment necessary.
During your first trimester the breast tissue may feel swollen and tender. Your underwire bra may not fit as it usually does and may cause irritation, as well fail to provide enough room for the underband to grow during pregnancy.
We recommend that you stop wearing underwired bras and opt for a non-wire bra to avoid discomfort on the breast bone.
- Go up one back size, from your current size, beginning on the tightest hook, allowing room for future adjustment as your body develops.
- he bra does not need to be a specifically designed maternity bra, we also offer a wide range of non-wire bras available in a variety of shapes.
You should now be wearing a non-wire bra. In order to accommodate your growing baby, your ribcage will expand significantly and both your back and cup measurements will increase.
The bra you were wearing in your first trimester may be feeling tight.
Listen to your body, when the bra starts to feel tight it is time to come in for your second bra fit.
- You may benefit from choosing a maternity bra rather than a regular non-wire bra at this stage, as the maternity bras offer additional underband adjustment, allowing for future growth to help it last longer.
Alternatively, you could use a back extender from our bra accessories range.
We recommend that your third bra fit take place around week 30 but, remember, if your bra feels tight before then pop into store for a re-fit.
Two weeks prior to the due date you should pop into store to be fitted for a nursing bra. Nursing bras are very similar to maternity bras, yet with the addition of a drop cup for feeding. Some styles have a sling to support the weight of the breast, while others offer a feeding hole.
- Ensure you are fitted on the loosest hook and eye - remember your underband will reduce when feeding.
Features & Benefits
- Non-wired to accommodate your changing shape. Designed to offer specific support for breasts during pregnancy.
- Four hooks and eyes offer easy adjustment as your shape develops along the pregnancy.
- All bras are non-wire. This offers a great shape, not-to-mention a comfortable fit that can be worn all day.
- 4 hook and eye settings provide flexibility.
Padded Cotton Nursing Bra
Available in C-G cups
A pretty style that's a great option for everyday wear. We love how the gorgeous grey marl cotton, complete with ivory lace trim, creates the perfect balance between femininity and comfort.
In addition, the cotton feeding hole offers additional modesty, comfort and support when feeding.
2 Pack Cotton Non Pad nursing bra
Available in C-H cups
Available in this season's prints - with coordinating knickers available - this style will help you feel confident and feminine, while the cotton fabric ensures you feel comfortable throughout the day.
This style boasts excellent fit and ensures constant support, comfort and style. Available up to an H cup, the cotton feeding hole offers additional support, ideal for larger busts.
Comfort Padded Nursing bra
Available in C-G cups
Voted best nursing bra by Practical Parenting & Pregnancy magazine, the brushed comfort fabric and soft cups make this style one of the most comfortable nursing bras out there. Boasting wide, adjustable straps made from extra soft material, this bra offers a secure, comfortable fit - not-to-mention a built-in sling to support the breast when feeding. Smooth under clothes, it's the go-to nursing bra for practical style.
For friendly, discreet advice on all your lingerie needs, simply pop into your nearest store and speak to one of our experts.