Item in stock
Click & Collect
Intro to engineering
Intro to Engineering welcomes young children to the field of engineering with 25 experiments and building projects in five sections. By engaging in hands-on activities, children will learn how engineers apply their scientific and technical knowledge to design machines and devices.Start by learning some engineering basics with experiments on levers, forces, and pulleys. Build simple devices using these basic components.Move on to explore engineering on land by building vehicles with wheels, such as a race car and a wind-up car. Next, investigate engineering with air and in the air by building a helicopter, a pinwheel, a parachute, a glider, a balloon rocket, and an air-powered carousel. Then, build a diving bell, a sailboat, and a paddle boat to experiment with engineering in water.Finally, find engineering in your own home with experiments modeling the telephone and television.
- Exclusively available online
- Age 5+
- Adult supervision
- Experimental equipment and instuction manual
- 37 x 29 x 8cm
- With a 48-page, full-colour illustrated guidebook, this kit teaches human biology fundamentals with step-by-step, hands-on experiments
- Learning about Scientific Qualities
- Warning! Not to be used by children except under the supervision of adults who have familiarised themselves with the experiments and safety precautions in the manual. Only for use by children 5 years of age or older. Components in this kit may be sharp
Deliveries are between 8am - 6pm, Mon - Sat.
FREE if you pay with your Debenhams card
FREE delivery on all orders over £30 (normally £3.99)
Deliver to store for collection ( 160 participating stores ) FREE
International Delivery £7.00 to £15.00
Debenhams is happy to exchange or refund your purchase within 28 days providing the goods are in a fully resaleable condition (including tags) and not within the exclusion policy*. This policy does not affect your statutory rights. You can return unwanted items either by visiting your local store (the fastest way to get a refund), by arranging a courier collection or returning by post. Exclusions apply to selected products. For instructions on how to return products and information on Debenhams refund policy visit the returns and refunds section of the website.