The J by Jasper Conran 'Hotel' collection combines classic style with exceptionally high quality Egyptian cotton sateen. This silver sateen stripe is made from 500 thread count cotton for a luxuriously soft feel.
Silver 500 thread count 'Hotel Capri' duvet cover is rated
2.8 out of
Rated 1 out of
Total absence of quality controlI thought it was time for some new bedding, so ordered 2 king size duvet covers and 2 sets of pillowcases.
- The fabric is nice, smooth and soft.
- One of the duvet covers appeared to have been opened before I received it. Having checked it over, I discovered a significant stitching fault on the front. I suspect that this had already been rejected by a previous customer.
- The second duvet cover was fine, but after I had ironed it I discovered that it was a super-king rather than king size.
- I returned both covers, and ordered 2 more for delivery the next day.
- Again, one of those I received was a super-king.
- Having checked the size and stitching on the remaining cover, I ironed it, only to find a noticeable mark on the front of the fabric.
- I have now returned both covers, and the pillow cases.
Don't waste your time - look elsewhere. The fabric is nice, but the manufacturing is poor and quality control is non-existent.
Date published: 2014-12-31
Rated 5 out of
Beautiful luxuryBeautiful to sleep under. Looks luxurious. To me the colour is a shimmery mushroom in the stripes. Love it.
Date published: 2014-05-15
Rated 3 out of
Deceiving colourThe colour of this item was misleading from the picture. It is quite dark, a mushroom colour. I didn't even open it to see the quality as the colour was not what I was looking for.
Date published: 2014-03-26
Rated 4 out of
More bronze than silverGood quality, comfortable feel. But more bronze than silver in colour.
Date published: 2013-12-23
Rated 1 out of
Not as expectedOn turning the duvet sheet inside out for washing prior to use, as per instructions, the stitching around the outside of the sheet was incomplete and fraying. Knowing it would lead to problems in future, item was returned and a replacement ordered.
On receipt, the replacement was in a worse condition than the original in that there was no finishing stitching present. This was again returned and a replacement ordered.
The final replacement was the same as the last and returned for refund.
Material - Excellent
Style - Excellent
Finish/Detail - Poor